The University Area Joint Authority, located in State College, PA, is accepting applications and resumes for the position of Purchasing Agent.
Essentials Functions of the Job
- Responsible for all aspects of purchasing supplies, services, equipment, and uniforms, including but not limited to creating and maintaining UAJA Purchasing Policy; establishing and maintaining store accounts; vendor contacts and credit cards; processing vehicle transfers and registrations and oversee proposals, bids, and contracts for vehicles when necessary; coordinating sales of obsolete equipment; and reviewing all incoming packages/order slips for accuracy.
- Assist with the UAJA Safety program, including but not limited to scheduling meetings and employee trainings, purchase safety equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for handling and documenting all UAJA’s property insurance claims and equipment coverage.
- Act as company liaison for all shipping needs, such as returns, repairs, and re-certifications via FedEx, UPS, or another carrier.
- Schedule employees for training and preparation for their Treatment Plant or Collection Operator License.
- Create and maintain UAJA’s Travel Policy, including the establishment of travel arrangements for conferences, training sessions, and the like.
- Create and maintain UAJA’s Telephone Policy by reviewing equipment and program pricing and upgrades to ensure best coverage and lowest costs.
- Schedule and monitor removal of hazardous materials from the UAJA facility, including waste oil, laboratory waste, UV lights, and the like.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ways to Apply
Please submit a resume by one of the following:
- Apply Online: Click here to apply now
- Apply by Email: Resumes may be submitted via email to [email protected]
- Download and Mail: Click here to download an application. Mail to:
UNIVERSITY AREA JOINT AUTHORITY
1576 SPRING VALLEY ROAD
STATE COLLEGE PA 16801
ATTN: HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR