The University Area Joint Authority is a recognized leader in management of wastewater for a growing community and has embraced sustainability and a forward-thinking approach to wastewater management on a Watershed scale.
- 1996 Pennsylvania Water Environment Association (PWEA) award for Beneficial Use of Biosolids from a large operating project
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s national award for the beneficial us of biosolids from a treatment facility operating at less than 5 million gallons per day
- Recognized by National Association of Clean Water Agencies (NACWA), Water Environment Federation (WEF), Water Environment & Reuse Foundation (WE&RF), and
WaterReuse — with input from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), as a “Utility of the Future”
- 1997 U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s award for an Outstanding Project Involving and Enhancing Beneficial Use of Municipal Wastewater Biosolids
- 2000 Governor’s Award for Environmental Excellence
- 1997 Governor’s Award for Safety Excellence
- 2006 Engineering Excellence Awards
- 2005 Associated Builders and Contractor, Inc. award for Best Heavy Construction – Public Works Project
- 2006 American Council of Engineering Companies award for fostering excellence in engineering design on the project UAJA Beneficial Reuse Project
- 2006 Diamond Awards Honor Award Water and Wastewater for UAJA Beneficial Reuse Project
Learn more about UAJA’s award winning Wastewater Treatment Facility.