The University Area Joint Authority, located in State College, PA, is accepting applications and resumes for the position of Administrative Assistant.
Essentials Functions of the Job
- Perform routine office duties, including but not limited to opening and closing office safe; preparation of correspondence, reports and other projects as required; daily mail processing; answering phones; and directing calls.
- Responsible for various banking and bookkeeping duties, including but not limited to preparing deposits and posting payments; issuing receipts; and receiving permit and tap fees.
- Prepare sewer permit applications, schedule monthly compost requests, and keep records regarding sludge disposal customers and requests.
- Maintain records of the Sub-Division process, implementation of the GIS record, and advanced inspection/construction escrow accounts.
- Balance and maintain general checking account and maintain the Petty Cash system, including but not limited to disbursement and deposit of funds; balancing records; and documentation.
- Prepare monthly reports of the collection of tap fees, Aging Reports for Accounts Receivable, Summary Trial Balance for Advanced Construction, and Open Account Receivable Report.
- Act as liaison for the Board of Directors to schedule meetings, distribute notices, and keep records and transcriptions of meetings.
- Provide Notary Public services on behalf of the Authority.
- Provide backup for the Account Representative.
- Responsible for Compost Marketing and associated correspondence, as well as scheduling monthly compost requests and preparing monthly invoices and /or ACH transactions associated with compost sales, septage receiving and sludge hauling.
- Make the necessary deposits to the bank for monthly receipts and maintain the records of receipts. Maintain and record sales tax collection, prepare records and make the necessary deposit to the State Department of Revenue.
- Maintain and prepare all general invoicing records and collection/deposit of receipts for the general invoicing.
- Provides assistance to other staff members as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ways to Apply
Please submit a resume by one of the following:
- Apply Online: Click here to apply now
- Apply by Email: Resumes may be submitted via email to [email protected]
- Download and Mail: Click here to download an application. Mail to:
UNIVERSITY AREA JOINT AUTHORITY
1576 SPRING VALLEY ROAD
STATE COLLEGE PA 16801
ATTN: HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR